with the weather getting cooler and the days getting shorter, i know fall is in the air. i start thinking of jackets and sweaters and boots. yes. even the dreaded boots. amber at easy petite looks had a great post (read it here) where she set out her "the anti-wishlist", or items she vows not to buy this season. there are a good many things i get over and over again, but these categories are definitely ones i must try to abide by for this fall/winter.
* do you have a "can't buy list"?*
1. the black shoe: they are my kryptonite. i love black pumps. this is such a classic staple that i can justify it because you can wear it with anything. but really even if the rationale is that "they're timeless", i do not need another pair. so, no more black shoes this fall. (even though i really really want these). those who know me are also likely chuckling at the impossibility of this declaration - and they're not wrong. this is going to be hard!
2. skinny jeans: the silhouette is perfect for my figure because, well it gives me a figure. my frame is pretty straight, so these make me look long and curvy-ish. i also do have other pairs of pretty and sturdy denim, so, no jeans this season and in particular, no more skinny jeans. if i get anything this season, it would have to be suiting pants for work.
3. blazers: the only exception to this one category is that i need to replace an old navy blazer that i've worn to shreds. otherwise, i do need to keep the blazer population down. work often justifies a lot of things, and suits and blazers are one of them. however, i do have a great selection of different sorts of blazers to keep things interesting until one combusts.
4. pencil skirts: just like the skinny jeans, pencil skirts give me length, which as every petite knows "if it makes you look taller, get it." however, i know that i can and should wear different styles of skirts. while not all of my skirts are pencil skirts, the majority are, and it's time to explore pleats, wide skirts, midi, mini skirts and the like. they always will have a spot in my closet though, so while i have them on a "can't buy list" the print or colour will have to be very spectacular for me to depart from the plan.